Saturday, August 20, 2011

Is it hot or what? As I waited in the truck for Alan to drop something off at a friends house today the thermometer in the truck read 111 degree. Now, I know it was not really 111 degrees outside but it must have been close. The temp did drop to 98 once we started moving again. I am ready for Fall this year. I'll welcome the cool weather. I lived in the south all my life but that doesn't mean I like this heat.

Thinking about the heat today I decided to post this beach layout. This is a picture of my mother at Myrtle Beach around 1947. I am guessing she must have been around 20 at the time the picture was taken. She passed away last year from Alzheimer's at 82. Amazing how Alzheimer's can take away so much from a person. Love you Mom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment